Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
1. List five examples of antithesis found in Alexander Pope’s “Heroic Couplets.” Identify the parallelism in each example.
2. In almost every sentence in our ecerpt from An Essay on Man, Pope says something flattering about the human race, only to follow it with something critical. What characteristics does he think we should be proud of? what does he think we should be ashened of?
3. Do you disagree with any of Pop’s opinions or pronouncements in the Heroic Coplets or An Essay on Man? If so, explain which one(s) and why. If not, choose one and explain why you agree with it.
4. Based on what you have read of The Rape of the Lock, what do you think the poem’s theme or central messageis ? What or who are the objects of his satire?
5. Does the epic, The Rape of the Lock, apply inany way to society today? Identify two passages that could serve as satiric commentaries on people’s behavior today. Your answer should discuss both the passage and the comment that applies to contemporary life.