Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
1. Structure of the paper. The paper should be double-spaced. It should be around a minimum 9 to maximum 12 pages, NOT including a required reference page. You are not penalized for writing less or more- this is just a guideline to help you understand how comprehensive your answers should be. Put your name, panther ID, Paper title and date (single- spaced) in the top left corner. Set up a separate reference page at the end. A title page and abstract is not required, and they will not count toward the page/ word total. The margins should be no more than 1 inch (do not use wider margins or tab after numbering the question; that just highlights that you are trying to take up space). The font should be Times New Roman and no larger than size 12. The paper must be submitted using Microsoft word; wpd, txt or other formats will not be accepted. Please see the provided examples of a guide on how to set up your research paper.
3. Answer what is being asked. To answer each question, just put the number and the response. DO NOT rewrite the question or put a lead in discussion, abstract or introduction. DO NOT use first person or a conversational style. DO NOT include personal opinion or content beyond the course or peer reviewed research. This is an academic paper and should be approached as such. This will be considered evidence of not following instructions.
4. Provide analysis. For every question (this means the three questions within numbers 1, 2 and 3) you need to begin by clearly defining the concept/ term being asked about. This means not only do you cite the one or two sentence definition from the text, but go further and fully explain the concept using your own words. Fully illustrate what the concept/ term is and its broad application in society or various contexts.
5. Apply concepts to content. After you have provided a comprehensive definition, then illustrate its application to the video/ article assigned with this Research Paper. Discuss the evidence in this video/ clip that does or does not support the term/ concepts meaning as outlined in the text’s research. Be sure to fully explain how the content you selected from the video/ article supports or refutes the research outlined in the textbook or peer reviewed articles. Do not simply give the example without linking it to the research you have put forth.
6. Integrate external research. For the question that asks about the external/ peer reviewed research, you must include an article that comes from a peer reviewed journal outside of the course. For information about finding peer reviewed journals go to RESEARCH RESOURCES in the RESEARCH PAPER section of the course. Once you have found an article that directly relates to the questions being asked, illustrate how the research findings in the article support or refute the question. This means that you must outline the research study focus and findings. What did the study do, who were the subjects and what did they find? This should be clearly spelled out and integrated into your answer. Just providing an overview of the abstract is not enough. Integrate the research study findings with the examples you are using. Clearly show the applicability of the study is in terms of further explaining what is happening in the video/article. Discuss these findings in the context of the question being asked; this means that you must link your answer to the broader question.
7. Review your paper. Be sure to check your paper for grammatical and spelling errors once you are finished. Also, be sure that you have used APA style correctly. APA style guides have been provided for you in the RESEARCH RESOURCES file located in the RESEARCH PAPER section of the course. Also, ensure your paper is reflective of your own work. If an assignment is more than 15% copied as shown by Turnitin.com- including if it is properly cited- students will automatically be given a zero on this assignment AND will have an additional 10 points deducted from their total grade (equivalent of the extra credit total).
Topic: This documentary follows an ordinary American man venturing to Colombia for a chance at love with beautiful online brides. Many people assume these Colombian women are simply as mail order brides, simply searching for an American willing to marry, in hopes of obtaining a green card to flee their home. Despite the negative mail order brides stigma, men and women continue to meet through international dating websites, in the hopes of finding true love. Watch as this documentary follows several men throughout their Colombian dating experiences and even attend a romance tour put on by an American matchmaking agency.
Research Papers must reference course materials and at least one external peer reviewed journal article per question set using APA style. Your Research Papers should be 9-12 pages (not including the required reference page or optional title page); this is typically what would be required to ensure your paper is comprehensive and has a depth of analysis outline in the grading criteria. Your paper should have a maximum of 1-inch margins, Times New Roman Font size 12, and in Microsoft word format. Review the ASSIGNMENTS INFORMATION- RESEARCH PAPER section of the course. Research Papers are to be submitted by 11pm of the posted due date.
Please note that there are a total of three sets of questions you must answer (see below); each set is on a specific topic we covered in the class and contains three questions. Answer the first two questions in each set of topic area questions listed below drawing from the course readings. Then answer the third question in each set using a peer reviewed article you find on your own; this means you will have to use a total of three different external peer reviewed articles. Review the ASSIGNMENTS INFORMATION- RESEARCH PAPER INFORMATION and RESEARCH PAPER EXAMPLES folder for more details.
Required Research Paper Questions
1. Power & Privilege
Review the textbook research on the sexism (e.g. ambivalent, hostile, benevolent); discuss in detail how any two of these research findings are supported or refuted in this documentary. Consider the textbook research focused on Stereotypes, Power, and Subordination- discuss how this research specifically relates to the experiences of individuals in this film, and discuss its implications. Comprehensively explain the external peer reviewed research findings examining the inequalities in cross national intimate relationships globally (e.g. mail order/ online brides in different country than partner); discuss how these results would explain what any two women in this video experience or state.
2. Women’s Bodies
Review the textbook research on the Beauty Matters; discuss in detail how any two of these research findings are supported or refuted in this documentary. Drawing from the various textbook research focused on stereotypes and narratives about women of color’s bodies (including Latina/ Hispanic women) comprehensively explain how this research supports or refuters assertions made in this documentary. Drawing upon external peer reviewed research that examines the reasons why women might prioritize their appearance for economic or social mobility, comprehensively discuss the implications of these findings as they apply/ don’t apply to women in this video.
Consider the textbook research examining different types of social supports that are important for women; comprehensively discuss how any two types of social support are/ would be critical for women’s well being- use specific examples from the film. Discuss in detail how any two textbook research findings examining the benefits of marriage are or are not applicable to what is experienced by any women in this video. Find a external peer reviewed research study examining the factors that are considered influential in Latin American intimate relationships (e.g. marriage, dating); discuss how any two factors from this research support or refute the experiences presented in this
g your paper.
1. Level of Analysis and Length. Remember your paper should be between 9 and 12 double spaced pages long (not including the optional title page and required reference page). This means each answer should be AT LEAST three double spaced pages long. Note that this is just a guideline to get you started. Papers that are shorter or longer are not penalized. However, it typically takes this amount of pages to adequately define the concept, illustrate examples from the book/ video you selected and discuss the course content or external research.
2. APA style. Be sure to review the correct APA procedures; several guidelines are readily available in the Research Resources section of the course.
3. Use of Peer Reviewed Journal Articles. You need to use peer reviewed journal articles as they are empirically based. Information about identifying and finding these articles are available in the Research Resources section. Links to articles are readily available in the Research Resources Section.
4. Integration of Research. Be sure to link and integrate the video or book content with the relevant course content and external research. Just over viewing research related to the topic is not enough. Integrate the various required course content and external research findings with the examples you are drawing from the video/ book you choose. Clearly show the applicability of the course content terms of further explaining what is happening in the video/ book or to support/ refute ideas put forth.
5. Language. Do not use first person or a conversational style. This is an academic paper and should be approached as such. Just answer the questions- you don’t need an introduction or conclusion. Again, please be sure to review the Instructions section for specific requirements, past student examples and submission instructions. This information will make completing this assignment a lot easier.