Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
1. The final product for this course will be in the form of a portfolio/notebook containing the two main sections listed below. Focusing on the agency where you are currently serving your field placement (or one in which you previously served) and using the concepts/processes covered in this course, gather the necessary data from interviews, agency documents and current literature to complete this assignment. This assignment will be completed in two phases – per instructor.
Agency: Adult Protective Services – Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (Houston, Texas)
I. Management Audit
a. Brief (approximately 2 pages) overview of the agency/program
b. Provide an organizational chart
c. Discuss the annual budget, including how the organization raises funds
d. Analysis of the management theory(ies) most prevalent
e. Analysis of leadership styles used by 2 levels of leadership
f. Strengths of the agency/program
g. Weaknesses of the agency/program or areas needing change; current or prior efforts to make these changes
h. Discuss ethical issues that need to be addressed?
i. Identify issues of diversity and difference.
II. Change Proposal
a. Describe how you would conduct a strategic plan for your organization
b. Describe how you would start a 501c3 Nonprofit organization
c. Identify a problem or need that should be addressed in the community in which your agency or organization is located and then use the web to identify at least five prospective funding sources.
d. Based on the community problem or need you have identified (above) write a full grant proposal designed to address the problem or need. Approaches such as: the logic model for program planning and evaluation; communities that care; and a guide to the development of mission, goals, objectives, performance evaluation measures and milestones may be used as needed.
Your grant proposal should include the following standard proposal components.
(1) Cover letter
(2) Title page
(3) Proposal summary
(4) Introduction of the organization
(5) Problem or needs statement
(6) Project goals and objectives
(7) Project methods or design
(8) Project evaluation
(9) Future funding
(11)Attachments or Appendices (if requested or as needed)
This paper should be at least 20-25 pages, doubled spaced, typed, and should include at least ten good current references related to rural problems, management theories, program development, evaluation and leadership for rural communities. Grammatical errors should be corrected. Points will be deducted from the total grade for errors in APA writing style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. Students whose writing and library research skills require additional supports are strongly encouraged to seek technical assistance from the staff at the AARC and Steen Library/Lone Star College Library. (20 pages without title page and references).
2. Complete the MIDTERM EXAM QUESTIONS as it pertains to the paper. This can be single spaced (3 pages)
3. Complete PowerPoint Presentation (5 pages without title page)