Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
1. Think of an experience you, a family member, or a friend has had with healthcare. Gauge the experience against IOM’s six aims and identify any opportunities for improvement.
• Was the hospital’s approach to care patient-centered?
• How safe did the patient feel while in the hospital?
• How effective was the care that was delivered?
• Was the care provided in an efficient and timely manner?
• Would the treatment they received be available to low-income patients?
2. Because of possible complications at delivery, Mrs. T. is told by her doctor she will have to give birth at South General Hospital. When Mrs. T. tells her friends about it, they are appalled and urge her to do all she can to go to Community Hospital instead.
The friends draw sharp contrasts between the two hospitals: Community has quiet birthing rooms and was recently redecorated, and each patient is assigned a specific nurse. Because the nurses work 12-hour shifts, most women who deliver at the hospital will have just one or two nurses attending to them. At South General, deliveries take place in ordinary, noisy hospital rooms. Staff tend to be busy and not especially friendly, and women in labor are typically under the care of multiple nurses.
• Who is right?
• Is South General a bad place to have a baby?
• Should Mrs. T. go to Community instead? Please explain the reasoning behind your answer.