Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
4 pages plus standard works cited page. It is strongly recommended that you incorporate and cite 3-5 sources from the course materials, including readings and videos.
This final essay or project is your opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned from the course, how you synthesize it, and how you can reformulate it to share this knowledge with others.
1. How does the prison industrial complex (PIC) have its foundations in slavery and capitalism? What is an abolitionist critique of the PIC and how does it call for a different concept of safety? What does Angela Davis, Paula X Rojas , Melissa Burch and others have to say about what constitutes true safety?
2. What is Transformative Justice and how does it differ from the criminal legal system?How does transformative justice seek to reduce harm in society and hold communities accountable? What are the pros and cons of transformative Justice?
3. What are the major contributions of Marxism and how can it inform your understanding of working conditions today? What are the limits of traditional Marxist analysis in terms of its application to U.S. society? Do you think that marxism or socialism is the path to a more equal future?
4. How does Black Marxism provide a critical expansion of Marxist theory? What are its key interventions that facilitate a more intersectional analysis of how power operates and inequality is reproduced by the current systems?
5. How is compulsory heterosexuality (as defined by Adrienne Rich) practiced in today’s society? What are the cultural practices that police gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation? Do you think compulsory heterosexuality is still dominant in today’s society or do you believe that our society has become more liberated over the last few decades?
6. What have you learned about the concept of intersectionality from the work of Beth Richie and Audre Lorde? How does centering the experiences of the most marginalized enable a more comprehensive vision for justice?
7. How do the structures of white supremacy, gender policing and capitalism manifest in today’s sports culture? How have the political actions by athletes such as Colin Kaepernick challenged how sports has often served as a forum to reinforce nationalism and racist structures?
8. A world without prisons video or visual
If you do this project, you should sufficiently draw upon the course materials to demonstrate your understanding of PIC abolition and its relation to capitalism, Black Marxism and Transformative Justice.