Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
For additional information about this assignment access the Trends and Implications Guide. In this assignment, you will discuss public health and disease mechanisms.
- Complete the assigned readings for this week.
- Review the information about public health functions and prominent disease mechanisms located on the following Web sites:
- S. Department of Commerce: http://www.commerce.gov/
- General Accounting Office:http://www.gao.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Data and Statistics:http://www.cdc.gov/DataStatistics/
- What is Public Health:http://www.whatispublichealth.org/
- Columbus Public Health:http://publichealth.columbus.gov
- American Public Health Association: http://www.apha.org/
- Association of Schools of Public Health: http://www.asph.org/
- This is Public Health:http://www.thisispublichealth.org/
- Through your reading and research, focus on the relationship between the function of public health and prominent disease mechanisms.
- Write a 3 page paper that addresses the following:
- Analyze the statistical data displayed on the above websites looking specifically for the parallel between public health functions and prominent disease mechanisms during last 100 years.
- Select a specific topic of interest from the list below:
- Trends in vital statistics that will pose an impact on the healthcare delivery system
- Trends in diseases affecting the population and, in turn, affecting the healthcare delivery system
- Trends in the quality, delivery, or access to U.S. healthcare
- Predict a future trend based on this data. Write a short description supporting your prediction. Create a chart or graph that illustrates current data used as the basis for your prediction (action item #4) and analyze the future parallel between public-health functions and prominent disease mechanisms. Write an explanation of your analysis.
- Predict a future parallel between public-health functions and prominent disease mechanisms.
- Your paper must followAPA guidelines, and include:
- Cover page (with your name, course, section, date submitted, and your professor’s name)
- Reference page
- Introductory paragraph
Note: Your cover and reference pages are not counted in your paper length.