Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Week Seven: ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Application Exercise I.
Instructions: Read the provided coding scenario in order to answer the questions listed below. Submit as Microsoft Word document by the end of Week Seven no later than Tuesday, by 11:59 PM EST. This is an individual assignment.
A 17 year old female patient is seen in Family Planning for a scheduled three month pill evaluation. During the workup, her blood pressure is elevated and she has complaints of frequent headaches the past 2 months. Due to the adverse reaction to the Ortho-Novum, she is switched to Cerazette.
• What was the primary reason for the visit?
• What is the keyword you will use to look up the primary reason?
• What other problems need to be coded?
• What indexes do you need to use to determine code selection?
• Assign the appropriate codes.
• What challenges have you experienced accomplishing this exercise?
• What tools do you need to make the process easier and more user-friendly? Why?
• Why HC organizations use ICD-10-CM/PCS? What other coding systems are used in healthcare? For what purpose?
Jul 6, 2021 11:59 PM