Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
College of Health Professions
ALH 401 / HSC 433 Allied Health Professional / Health Science Practicum Capstone
Term Paper Guidelines & Template
This assignment is worth 30% of your grade; see course schedule for due date.
- Choose an issue of interest related to your specific discipline.
- Get approval from instructor for topic by week 2.
- This term paper must be at a minimum of 10 & maximum of 12 pages.
- Complete a research paper in APA 6th format which contains the following:
- Title page
- An introduction to the issue and what will be discussed in the paper.
- Relevant history of the issue including what attempts have been made in the past to rectify the issue.
- Describe the current situation regarding the issue, current attempts for resolution of the issue, and future strategies for resolution (from evidenced based peer-reviewed literature.
- Discuss relevance of the topic to the political, economic, social, and ethical issues using peer-reviewed literature (1 article each issue)
- Discuss relevance of the topic’s impact on on individuals, families, communities, professional ALH/HSC practice and the health care system using peer reviewed literature.
- A reflection on gaps in literature and conclusion summarizing what was discussed in the paper.
- A reference list in APA format. .
See Template Below
- This paper will be graded using the “Research Paper Rubric” – see copy provided.
- Please note that the library offers individual sessions to assist with database searches for valid, reliable, and scholarly information.
- APA and writing resources:
- Study Guides and Strategies – information related to writing, grammar, punctuation along with many other potentially useful topics http://www.studygs.net
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab – information on both writing and APA along with many other potentially useful topics
- Landmarks Citation Machine – APA format guide
ALH 401/ HSC 433 TERM PAPER TEMPLATE
NOTE: Must use APA 6th edition formats and citations for all sections of your paper
Title of Paper
State 5-6 sentences about your topic area “in general” and then the purpose of the paper.
(major areas of discussion [i.e., topics noted by major headings in body of paper])
Relevance of Topic to Issues Related Issue
(cite all sources)
(such as national priorities; political action groups; lack of adequate political representation; funding decisions)
(such as costs of services; ability to pay for services; sources of payment; funding)
(such as social issues such as increasing number of one-parent households; increasing geographic distances between family and aging parents; social networks)
(such as ethical principles, allocation of resources/services, consent for services, gender equity, moral values)
Relevance of Topic to Specified Populations
(cite all sources)
Gaps in Literature (topics/areas where you could not find nursing literature)
Recap of findings & use citations.
Restate relevance on populations & use citations.
(Remember to use APA 6th edition)