THE THESIS SHOULD BE THE LAST SENTENCE OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH AND THE ESSAY WILL PROVE IT THROUGHOUT.
HERE IS THE THESIS:
“Although Iago is portrayed as a contemptible character throughout the play, his ways of controlling and manipulating those around him actually make him likable by the readers; at times we are on his side and would like to see his brilliant plans go in to play.”
ANSWER AND EXPLAIN ALL THESE QUESTIONS IN THE ESSAY
1) How does the reader audience learn about this character?
2) Are there conflicting representations or ideas about this character?
3) Does this character develop / change / shift?
4) How does this character interact with others in the text?
5) Is this character an “insider” or an “outsider” (or both)? Why?
6) Does this character abide by / challenge social conventions, expectations, or “norms”?
7) How does this character’s representation potentially resonate with readers or viewers?
8) What might we “learn” from this character and how does that “learning” occur?
9) How does this character contribute to the message(s) of the whole text?