Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Argumentative Research Essay
In this essay, you will argue a position on a debatable topic of your choice. You will do preliminary research to make sure this topic is debatable, narrow it down, and make sure there is enough research available on your narrowed topic. You will then find additional credible and current sources on your topic to learn more about it and form your position.
• Your essay will be a short one as research papers go, so it will be important to come up with a specifically focused topic.
• It will also be important to come up with your own stance on the issue, based on your research. You’re not just going to report facts, but you’re also not going to present an uninformed opinion.
• In this essay, it will be important to guide the reader with a clear thesis statement, topic sentences, and interpretation of your evidence.
• Thesis statement
• 2 or more body paragraphs that develop the thesis. These should have topic sentences.
• Counterargument and rebuttal or concession
• 1 starter source such as an or article from Opposing Viewpoints. You can also use a newspaper article from a well-known publication found on the web or through a database like infotrac. The Virtual Reference Library is a good encyclopedia to use, and more trustworthy than Wikipedia.
• 1 in-depth popular source such as a feature article in a newspaper or magazine, or a video from the Films on Demand database
• 1 scholarly source from an academic journal or book from an academic press (virtually all the non-fiction books in the library meet this criterion).
• 1 credible and current source of your choice. Note that websites must be carefully evaluated for credibility
• You may use additional sources as long as they are credible and current.