Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Please write a essay on the following questions, each should be 175 words, in APA format. Please have them Separate in Title. References for each one should be under the individualizing subject, not all together. Thank you. 🙂
#1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dUZ0tID5Ts ASIAN AMERICAN VIDEO
Asian American is another very large cultural group when we consider all the nations of Asia including Indian and Pakistan and the Pacific Islands. This group is diverse in language, location, population, and socioeconomics, but often shares a “positive” stereotyping as the model minority. Read the chapter to see if this is accurate or if there are reasons some students from this group perform well on exams and are highly successful in their education.
1. Read Chapter 6 – “Understanding Asian Americans…” in text.
2. View the YouTube video on Asian Americans to see the prejudice and stereotypes Asian Americans have faced.
3. Complete Discussion #6 – Discussion question:
The Asian culture is often viewed as the “Model minority.” This stereotype, though positive, is still a stereotype and is often harmful.
1. Discuss a variety of ways the “model minority” myth is harmful to Asian American students.
2. Because cultural traditions affect students in the classroom, explain 4 Asian cultural traditions (from the text) that teachers need to understand to teach students from this cultural group and to respond to them appropriately.
#2. Understanding European American
https://youtu.be/e366Udy2rhY Understanding European American Video
Chapter 7 focuses on the European American culture, often referred to as the “majority culture” in the US, having influenced politics, education and the U.S. culture since the colonization of the North American continent. As you read this chapter, compare the general cultural information for European Americans with information we have studied in the last 4 cultural groups. Are there similarities? What are the major differences?
Also while reading, note the specific information on 6 specific ethnic groups – Irish, Italian, German, Greek, Polish, and Portuguese. Create a summary of information for each of these six groups using the chapter’s topic headings,
Read Chapter 7 “European Americans” in text. At first the text discussion is generalized to European Americans as a group. Then the text gives more specific ethnic information identifying 6 specific European ethnic groups.
Also while reading, note the specific information on 6 specific ethnic groups – Irish, Italian, German, Greek, Polish, and Portuguese. Create a summary of information for each of these six groups using the chapter’s topic headings.
2. View the short video on US immigration after 1980 for a perspective on early European immigration in the US, contributions and the origin of term “illegal alien.”
3. Complete Discussion #7 – Discussion Question:
1. Choose ONE of the European ethnic groups discussed in the chapter – Italian, Irish, German, Greek, Polish or Portuguese ___________________.
2. Explain 3 cultural traditions from the textbook that could create an educational challenges/problems for students from this European culture in U.S schools today. First, describe the cultural tradition and then explain the education challenge.
#3. Understanding Hispanic American
Understanding Hispanic American videos
The last ethnic studies chapter focuses on Hispanic Americans, the fastest growing cultural group in the US. This group has the potential to greatly influence US education, politics and culture in the future.
1. Read Chapter 8 “Hispanic American” in the text.
2. View the two TED Talk videos.
3. Complete Discussion #8.
1. From the 2 TED Talk videos, summarize the information teachers need to understand to better work with Hispanic students and their families:
A. Fernanda Ponce-
B. Vanessa Vancour-
2. From the chapter explain additional information for helping Hispanic students achieve academic and cultural success..
3. Remember to support your discussion with the video and text (APA format)