Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Assignment 2: Theoretical Framework Application (25 points)
The student will review assigned readings and/or textbooks and then discuss the assigned clinical practice problem that can be addressed through an evidence-based practice project. Students should then consider theories provided in assigned readings and any additional resource readings, to determine how a theoretical framework can be applied to the clinical practice problem assigned.
1. Select two theories that can support the underpinnings of the assigned potential DNP clinical problem.
2. For this assignment only, you may use references older than five years old.
3. Summarize the two selected theories. Select one theory from each category (i.e. grand theory and psychosocial, interdisciplinary theory and middle range nursing theory, etc.). The theories may be grand nursing theories, middle range nursing theories, psychosocial, biomedical or interdisciplinary theories.
4. Describe the DNP clinical problem
5. Select the best theoretical framework to support the clinical practice problem. It is important to select a theory that can potentially be applied to the DNP project of interest (Chapter 1 of the DNP project will require a clear and logical application of a theoretical framework).
6. Discuss why the selected theory was chosen.
7. Directly apply the theory to the assigned DNP clinical practice problem.
8. Discuss how the theory will guide or support the theoretical framework of the assigned clinical practice problem. Consider the components/variables of the theory and how they will be applied to the DNP clinical practice problem. Be specific. This section will be used as the DNP project’s basic underpinning for Chapter 1 theoretical discussion.
9. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 4 to 6 pages in length, excluding the title and reference page.
10. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
11. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
12. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
13. Include at least (5) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory). Sources older than five (5) years old are acceptable for this assignment only.
14. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).