Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3: Project Performance
Due Week 6 and worth 230 points
Build on the project from Assignment 2. This assignment consists of two (2) sections:
•An MS Project exercise •A Project Performance paper
You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Section 1: MS Project Exercise
Update the project schedule in MS Project to account for the following changes:
1. Develop a network schedule for your project using either the arrow diagramming method or the precedence method.
2. Conduct a forward pass, and identify the critical path and total float.
Section 2: Project Performance Paper
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
3. Summarize your project. Note: Your summary should include, but not be limited to, the project’s key objectives, projected costs and resources, and high-level timeline.
4. Create a responsibility assignment matrix (RAM) for your project, and justify your response.
5. Outline the network schedule for your project. Include a narrative description of your network schedule.
6. Analyze the critical path of your project, and discuss the total float in the project. Next, suggest the primary measures that you would use in order to manage the critical path and reduce the float in the project.
7. Determine at least two (2) best practices from the PMBOK textbook that you would apply in order to manage the project schedule. Justify your response.
8. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
•Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. •Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
•Analyze project management processes for scheduling and sequencing work components. •Analyze quality assurance processes in project management. •Use technology and information resources to research issues in project estimating and budgeting. •Write clearly and concisely about project estimating and budgeting using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.