Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Assignment 4: Concept Analysis Paper (25 points)
The student will identify a practice problem and a closely related concept, develop a concept analysis, and write a scholarly paper that explains the concept analysis and applies the concept to the practice problem.
1. Select and briefly describe a practice problem
2. Identify the concept that is most closely related to the practice problem (the concept should be one to two words; e.g. pain, self-efficacy, resilience).
3. Search Merriam-Webster dictionary for the definition that describes the chosen concept.
4. Search the literature for journal articles related to the concept (do not limit the search to the discipline of nursing).
5. Develop a definition for the concept based on a review and synthesis of the literature.
6. Describe the critical attributes of the concept.
7. Discuss the antecedents (events or incidences that must occur prior to the concept; e.g. adversity leads to the concept of resilience)
8. Explain the consequences of the concept (events or incidences that occur as a result of the concept [e.g. improved coping, mastery of events]).
9. Apply the concept to the chosen practice problem.
10. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
12. Include level 1 and level 2 headings, an introductory paragraph, the theoretical application, and a conclusion.
13. Include at least (5) references from professional peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) that are less than five years old.