Book: Kurt Vonnegut Galapagos
- What role do questions play in the book? Consider not only how is Vonnegut using questions as a rhetorical device rbut the larger implications of that choice for the book rhetorically, philosophically, or otherwise.
- What allusions, or references to other texts, is the book Galapagosmaking in the first eight chapters? What positions or attitudes towards these other texts you assert Galapagos is taking? What function are they playing?
- Describe Vonnegut’s approach to building the setting. Analyze, decode, demystify and deconstruct his methods. Look into all of the tiny pieces of his writerly techniques and how they all work together to create a strategy.
- In what instances has Galapagostalked about the act of writing itself? Can you cite some examples of when and where this is manifesting? If you had to guess, or to make an argument, what would you say this textis saying about the idea of texts or the idea of writing, or for that matter, reading? Back up your claims.
- Make a claim, identify textual evidence, analyze and make connections for one of the following.
What position is this text taking on:
- B)science magic?
- C) survival of the fittest