You must integrate the material presented in the text. You may use additional evidence-based research to support, but not replace, the course textbook. Cite your work according to APA format. Legal, ethical, and cultural considerations must be included when applicable.
Please discuss each question “in your own understanding” using and citing the course text and optional sources to support your discussions.
Your entire assignment must be 6 pages total plus a title and reference page.
1. Briefly describe the different ways in which emotions can improve or hinder judgments, decision-making, and performance. When and why are they helpful and when and why are they harmful?
2. Much research suggests that people’s attitudes are not predictive of their behaviors. However, in some cases, people’s attitudes ARE highly predictive of their behaviors. Identify at least three factors that increase attitude-behavior consistency.
3. Identify some of the individual and situational factors that make people more or less likely to help others. Who helps the most, and in what cases (whom) are they especially likely to help?
4. Briefly discuss gender differences in helping behavior. Are men and women different in terms of their overall levels of empathy, the degree to which they render help to others, or the kinds of situations in which they help?
5. Briefly explain the differences between antisocial behavior, aggression, and violence, as defined in the textbook. Then explain the distinction between hostile aggression and instrumental aggression, and give an original example [not in the text] of each.
6. Identify five different factors (person-level factors or situation-level factors) that contribute to aggression, and briefly discuss when and how they tend to exert influence.
Examine the impact of social factors on behavior.