Americans sit more now than any other time in history. This can lead to a variety of health issues including injuries running the length of the body.
Using approximately 400-500 words, describe how you are currently sitting. Which muscles would need to be activated or stretched to improve your posture? What are some potential effects on your body from sitting long term? Include at least two scholarly references (using APA formatting and style) to guide your answers.
assignment 2: We began looking at the movement that is taking place at each joint in Unit 1 and with our muscular anatomy, we can examine what muscles are creating those motions.
Using the sport’s skill from Unit 1, create an Excel spreadsheet to breakdown the movement at each joint during each phase of the movement. The first column should list all the joints of the body (Cervical, Lumbar, Shoulder Girdle, Shoulder Joint, Elbow, Radioulnar, Wrist, Fingers, Hip, Knee, Ankle/Subtalar, Toes) while the first row should have the phases of movement (Stance phase, Preparatory phase, Movement phase, and Follow-through phase). In each box, list the movement occurring, muscles involved, and whether the contractions are isometric, concentric, or eccentric. For reference, please see page 397 in the textbook.
You are working with Dr. Lorenzen, who asks you to start interviewing Susan Johnston, a patient she knows well who is here to discuss recent symptoms of chest pain.
Before seeing the patient, Dr. Lorenzen asks you to review the differential diagnosis for chest pain. She reminds you, “There are many causes of chest pain including cardiac, gastrointestinal, pulmonary, musculoskeletal, and psychogenic causes.”
1. List below three potential causes of chest pain in each of the categories mentioned.
2. Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit. Include questions regarding Onset, Location, Duration, Characteristics, Aggravating Factors, Relieving Factors, Treatment, Severity (OLDCARTS).
3. Describe the physical assessment and diagnostic tools to be used for Ms. Johnston. Are there any additional you would have liked to be included that were not?
4. What plan of care will Ms. Johnston be given at this visit; what is the patient education and follow-up?
please use apa style with references
With minimum of 300 words and 2 references each:
1) Research the delivery, finance, management, and sustainability methods of the U.S. health care system. Evaluate the effectiveness of one or more of these areas on quality patient care and health outcomes. Propose a potential health care reform solution to improve effectiveness in the area you evaluated and predict the expected effect. Describe the effect of health care reform on the U.S. health care system and its respective stakeholders. Support your post with a peer-reviewed journal article.
2) The Affordable Care Act was signed into law by President Barack Obama in March 2010. Many of the provisions of the law directly affect health care providers. Review the following topic materials:
“About the Affordable Care Act”
“Health Care Transformation: The Affordable Care Act and More”
What are the most important elements of the Affordable Care Act in relation to community and public health? What is the role of the nurse in implementing this law?
You are the new office coordinator of a small multi-specialty group practice. You have been tasked with updating the office policies on medical records and confidentiality and training the employees on this important topic.
For this assignment you will:
Draft policies and procedures related to medical records and confidentiality in your group practice. This should include the following information in 3-5 pages, not including title page and reference page. You are expected to use a minimum of two references and utilize APA style:
Define medical records and confidentiality
Discuss legal standards and regulations related to medical records and confidentiality
Outline policies related to medical records requirements and standards
Outline policies and procedures related to confidentiality and access to records
Discuss how these policies and procedures will be communicated to employees
Technology and Teaching
Identify technology you would include within a patient education scenario.
a. Provide information related to setting, patient, and topic
b. Discuss your rationale for choosing a technology tool
c. Explain your lesson and how you would evaluate learning.
The nursing student should be able to identify seizure activity, how to educate the family and or caregiver of the pediatric patient on what to do if a seizure occurs and what medications to administer, implement safety to prevent injury and treatment of fracture. Develop education to support discharge based on assessment of data.
Prioritize nursing interventions when caring for pediatric clients with health disorders.
A 5-year-old Gabriel is a multiracial male weighing 48 lbs with an allergy to penicillin arrives in the emergency room, no cultural considerations identified. You are handed the following notes on the patient that read:
He arrived in ER with his mother after falling out of bed after jerking movement activity as witnessed by his older brother while sleeping. Right-upper extremity appears with deformity. Mother and child speak English. Child has no significant medical history. Mother reports incontinent of urine during episode.
Vital Signs: T 102.9, P 135, R 24, BP 118/60, O2 sat 100% RA
General Appearance: appears drowsy; face flushed, quiet
Neuro: oriented X3
Respiratory: lungs clear
Integumentary: very warm, dry
GI/GU: abdomen normal
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP)
Urinalysis with culture and sensitivity (U/A C&S)
Blood Cultures x 2
Acetaminophen 15 mg/kg PO now
Ibuprofen 10 mg/kg PO now
Pad side rails
Suction at bedside with seizure precautions
Radiographs of right arm
Cast to right arm
Start PO fluids and increase as tolerated
The physician discharges Gabriel from ER to home with a diagnosis of; Right ear infection, Acute Febrile Seizure and fracture of the right ulna.
Discharge orders include:
Follow up with pediatrician in 7 days
Follow up with pediatric orthopedics in 7-10 days
Cefuroxime 30mg/kg PO BID for 10 days not to exceed 1,000mg daily. What is the recommended dosage if cefuroxime is supplied as an oral suspension 125mg/5ml or 250/5ml?
Acetaminophen 15 mg/kg PO Q4 hours PRN fever or pain and ibuprofen 10 mg/kg PO Q6 hours PRN fever and pain for up to 3 days
Acetaminophen is available as 160 mg/5 mL. Ibuprofen is available as 100 mg/ 5 mL.
What is the amount of acetaminophen in mg and ml per dose? What is the amount of ibuprofen in mg and ml per dose?
Develop a discharge plan with three goals listed in order of priority, prior to discharge from current orders. Provide rationale for why you listed the goals in a particular order. Also, list three nursing interventions to meet each of the goals (you should have nine interventions in total). Last, give the mother the exact dosage she will need to give the child for acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and the cefuroxime when she gets home and explain why the exact dosage is important.
Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
Logical, original and insightful
Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
Submit document through Grammarly to correct errors before submission
Discussion Reflection Response – Advanced Practice Nursing Model
Post your complete response to the discussion questions in the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
This first week we are going to reflect on who we want to be and why. Why do you want to be an advanced practice nurse?
Start with why you wanted to be a nurse originally; what does nursing mean to you? Describe the APN role that you are pursuing at South and why you chose this role—add a personal story to illustrate.
This is a reflection and therefore no references are needed nor expected.
There is only one (1) post for this discussion board.
There is no requirement to respond to any of your peers.
Your response should be 200-250 words in length.
Guidelines: In your discussion response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response. Reflective posts provide you an opportunity to think back on the concepts and materials you reviewed for the week. A reflection is a method for personal growth. A reflection post can help answer questions, such as, “How has my thinking changed this past week?”, “How can I use the concepts or relationships from the course readings and course content in my practice?” Reflection enhances personal and professional growth by making connections to previous course content and/or presenting novel ideas and insights
Continuing with the case: Community Blood Center of the Carolinas: Donations, Donations, Donations, Complete a full case analysis incorporating your work from your SWOT analysis this week. Use the following format to complete this assignment.
Definition of the problem.
Identification of the stakeholders.
Identification of alternative solutions.
Evaluation of alternative solutions.
Solution chosen and how to implement it with the stakeholders.
Conclusion and reflection of this process.
#1. • Create a poster/powerpoint on: Crohn
• Include signs and symptoms
• What causes it
• Management of symptoms
• Medication that may be used
• Assessment findings
• What risk factors associated with disease process: (dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, . . .)
• What questions the nurse should ask the patient/family presenting with this illness
• Education to family
Case Study, Chapter 9, Chronic Illness and Disability
1. Mr. Edwards is 20-year-old male patient who is admitted for treatment of recurring pyelonephritis (kidney infection) and surgical treatment of a urinary stricture, which has decreased the urinary stream. Mr. Edwards has paraplegia; he is paralyzed from the waist down secondary to an automobile accident when he was 16. He came by ambulance to the hospital, leaving his wheelchair and wheelchair pressure-relieving cushion at home. According to the nursing history, the patient is a nonsmoker and he does not drink alcohol or take any illegal drugs. (Learning Objective 5)
What nursing considerations should be made for Mr. Edwards related to his disability?
What health promotion and prevention education does Mr. Edwards need?
2. Ms. Fulton is a 38-year-old mother who was recently diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, a chronic disease of the neuromuscular system. Management of this disease process requires strict adherence to a medication regimen. The disease also affects ADLs for the patient and her family. Additionally, because myasthenia gravis is characterized by exacerbations that may require hospitalizations, Ms. Fulton has had to resign from her position as president of a marketing firm. She has remained as an employee of the same company, but now serves as a consultant with more flexible work hours. (Learning Objective 3)
In discussing management of her chronic disease, the nurse focuses on what types of strategies?
Describe supportive nursing care that may be helpful to Ms. Fulton.