Directions: Choose one topic below.
1. Outline the development of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity from the New Testament Church to the
2. Explain the role of reason within theology as it seeks to deepen its understanding of the mysteries of
Guidelines and directions have been uploaded as an attachment any questions feel free to ask
1) A research paper involves both the gathering of information and developing a student’s own
interpretation of that information. The student must stay focused on his or her chosen topic and
rely upon his or her sources for information about that topic. While a student’s own opinions about
a topic are an important part of any research process, the student must be able to support his or
her conclusions by direct reference to sources.
2) The writing must be clear, logical, and as free of spelling and grammatical errors as possible. A
student should never submit a paper without rereading and proofing it. It may even be necessary
to get someone to assist in this process by having him or her read the paper and check for
mistakes. The student should not fail to run spell-check on his or her writing.
Please remember that easily correctable spelling and grammatical mistakes left uncorrected will
result in significant loss of points.
3) This paper requires MLA formatting that includes:
- 12-point font
- double-spaced sentences
- title and personal identification
- a separate works cited page properly formatted
- specific bibliographical form for print and electronic sources in your works cited
- a specific form for parenthetical (in-text) citations of the sources listed in your works cited
The student will be graded on how well his or her style conforms to the above basic requirements
4) The works cited must include no less than four sources. Those sources must be relevant to the
topic and meet minimum academic qualifications. The acceptable types of sources include the
- class text
- print or electronic book
- electronic, peer-reviewed journal article
- website with a .edu address
5) Certain sources do not qualify for works cited. You will be penalized if you use them. These are:
- standard dictionary or encyclopedia (Web or paper)
- any website not .edu
The student should remember that any source listed in your works cited that does not meet the
above criteria will not count towards the minimum number of required sources.
6) For every source listed in the works cited, a student must have at least one corresponding
parenthetical (in-text) reference. This will demonstrate how a student has used the source.
The student should remember that any source not accompanied by at least one parenthetical
reference (and any parenthetical reference not associated with a source in your works cited) will
not count towards the minimum number of required sources.