Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Spring 2018 HUM 2052-03 & 13 “Civilization II: Renaissance Through the Modern Age”
Guidelines for Term Paper Writing
According to the syllabus, you are required to write a term paper to partially fulfill the requirements of the course. This is a chance for you to conduct a micro-research project on Western Civilization. Please follow the following guidelines closely to receive full scores. You are encouraged to consult with the instructor in the process of your research and writing.
In modern world history, the rise of the West is arguably the most important and influential event. Write a paper to discuss what are the internal and external factors that had caused the rise of the West and then discuss how this rise has impacted the world in various ways (politics, economy, science and technology, society and culture). The duration of the period should cover approximately the 500 hundred years, starting from the 15th to the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century.
Requirements for Writing:
I will need at least the following things in your paper:
- Background information–facts and figures (objective part)
- Your own comments or analyses (subjective part)
- A bibliography (a list of source materials): All sources MUST be cited properly and listed explicitly to avoid suspected plagiarism.
- You must use at least twelve different sources for your paper. At least six (6) of them have to be books or journal articles regardless of form (traditional or electronic). Any internet sources MUST include the website and date of access.
- The submitted copy must be electronic, done through turnitin.com that is embedded in your canvas account. You will submit it via “Assignment à Term Paper.” Turnitin.com is a website for plagiarism detection. Plagiarism, if found, will lead to a significant reduction of your grade or complete rejection of your paper, depending on the extent of violation.
- Length and format: at least 4,000 words (not including notes and sources), double-spaced, and in Times New Roman and 12-point fonts. For other details, please follow MLA format.
- If this is your first year in college and you are not sure how to write an academic paper, please contact me as soon as you can. I will walk you through the process.
- If the guidelines are not followed exactly, your points will be deducted accordingly.
- Due date and hour: 11:59pm, April 20, Friday.
- Earlier submission is encouraged. Late submission will NOT be accepted. So please do not wait until the last minute.
- Your paper will be graded against quality, timeliness and the requirements listed above. The scores will be recorded and will be a component (25%) of your final course grade.
The following is a suggested structure of your paper. There is no need for you to follow it exactly, but you should have a separate title page, abstract, table of contents and bibliography. It should look somewhat like below.
Topic/Title Page (a separate page; contains author name, department and major information, and date of completion.)
Abstract (separate page)
Table of Contents (separate page)
- The Rise of the West
- Internal Causes/Changes/Dynamics
- External Conditions
- The Impact upon the World
- Cultural Implications
- Science and Technology
- Conclusion (an evaluation of the good and bad of the rise of the West)
Bibliography/Sources (separate page)