Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Developing Research Questions for Cinema History Paper
- Which movie are you going to analyze? (This paper will analyze, examine….).
- State why you are interested in this movie (your purpose).
- State your hypothesis (the main idea, your focus).
- State the question that you used to develop your hypothesis.
- How do movies approach your subject traditionally? Give some examples that you can use for comparison with your movie.
- Where would you place the movie you watched in this general Hollywood attitude?
- What is different?
- What is the same?
Evaluation of your Hypothesis
- State evidence to support your hypothesis.
- State the dissenting opinions.
- Why is your hypothesis accurate (or inaccurate)?
- How did your hypothesis change throughout your investigation?
- What kind of questions could you not answer yet?
- Do you need further research?
- What do your research results suggest, how can we use this information?
Cinema 201 Final Paper
Women have often been perceived as the weaker sex, both physically and mentally. Although the playing field between men and women has been leveled recently, and feminism is a highly discussed topic, for many years women faced discrimination and prejudice in all aspects of life. This prejudice flooded into the world of film. Please choose a Hollywood movie from any time era, and from any genre we discussed, and write a 1000-word essay. Please discuss, using examples from the readings assigned for this course, and keeping in mind the bi-directional influence of movies and society, the role of women in that movie and what norms and codes create the movie’s gender roles.
Total Grade of _______ out of 200 possible points
Overall Quality of Writing (100 points) Section Total: (of 100)
Excellent exploration of ideas; is generally focused and well organized; uses sentence variety and vocabulary to convey meaning clearly; demonstrates good control of sentence structure and language usage and has no errors.
Good exploration of ideas; is adequately organized; conveys meaning with reasonable clarity; demonstrates satisfactory control of sentence structure and language usage but may have some errors that interfere with clarity.
Essay shows some competence in writing skills, although the writing is flawed in at least one of the following ways: weak organization; weak control of sentence structure or language usage, with errors that often result in vagueness or lack of clarity; inadequate exploration of ideas.
Essay shows serious weaknesses in writing skills. The writing is flawed in at least one of the following ways: lack of organization; serious and frequent problems in sentence structure or language usage, with errors that obscure meaning.
Essay shows fundamental deficiencies in writing skills. The writing is fundamentally flawed in at least one of the following ways: content that is extremely confusing or mostly irrelevant to the assigned task; severe and pervasive errors that result in incoherence.
Style and Formatting Section Total: (of 50)
|The paper is formatted according to MLA standards||0||1||2||3||4||5 6||7|
|Is the paper free of typos, repeated words, spelling errors, etc.||0||1||2||3||4||5|
|Are there 1-inch standard margins and page numbers?||0||1||2||3||4||5|
|A Rubric is stapled to the paper||0||1||2||3|
Assigned Content Section Total: (of 50)
|How substantially does the essay engage with the following topics:
|Description of the movie||0||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Description of the actors’ relationships/interactions||0||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|