Prenkert, J. D., Barnes, A. J., Perry, J. E., Haugh, T., & Stemler, A. (2022). . Business law: The ethical, global, and e-commerce environment (18th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
In Chapter 9, we are introduced to contract law. We will learn about the functions of contracts in our society. You will also examine different types of contracts such as bilateral, unilateral, express and implied. Unit 9 also explains the law governing contracts such as the UCC and common law.
• Chapter 9: Introduction to Contracts
Articles, Websites, and Videos:
Click on this link to read the UCC and its history.
• Uniform commercial code. (n.d.). Uniform Law Commission.
This source describes the different types of contracts.
• What are the different types of contract?. (n.d.). upcounsel.
Follow this link to the case of Lambert v. Barron. Read the case before you post to the Discussion Board.
• Lambert v. Don Barron Contractor Inc. (2008, January 9). FindLaw.
This video introduces contracts.
Contract Law (Intro)
User: The Business Professor – Added: 5/19/16
Read the case of Lambert v. Barron.
• What are the most important facts that support Lambert’s position that a contract existed?
• What are the most important facts that support Barron’s position that a contract did not exist?
• Do you agree with the outcome of the case?
Regardless of whether you are an attorney arguing in court or a business stakeholder pitching to shareholders or a potential client, adding support for your argument from appropriate resources strengthens your content. For this discussion board, be sure to include a citation to an appropriate source that supports the point you are making. (HINT: Your textbook is a great source!)