Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Everything you need to know about writing your case research paper is outlined below:
* Background / Why problem exists
* Additional info (How, where, why it happened / scientific data / stats)
* You should include demographic information such as prevalence of the issue, ages, genders, etc
* Evaluate the decision context – what factors needed to be considered when making the decision about how to design the solution to the problem (think back in time) are there economic, cultural, social factors that need to be addressed based on the impacted population?
* Do a SWOT analysis by discussing AT LEAST ONE strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat.
* Make sure to mention the main organization involved in the case –this is the organization that designed and implemented the solution/intervention. If one is not mentioned, then you can mention the main organization that addresses the particular issue central to the case. Then find the mission statement of the organization (HINT: use Google) and then list the mission statement in your own words –do not quote—and provide an intext citation to credit the source where you saw the mission statement.
* Discuss the root cause of the problems
* Prioritize, finalize or state core problems / issues / opportunities
* You will want to support your assertion with citations from the scholarly literature/reliable public health website such as CDC or WHO
* Discuss the solution(s) in the case
* Discuss one theoretical perspective from Week 1 (ie Health Belief Model, Social Ecological Model, Theory of Planned Behavior, etc) AND discuss how each construct from the model can be applied to the solution in your case OR find a scholarly article on an intervention that addressed the problem central to your case with an intervention that used one of the theoretical perspectives discussed in Week 1 (this is to be in your own words). The seminal paper for the theoretical perspecitve should be cited. MAKE SURE to discuss how each construct applies to the solution rather than just saying, for example, the Health Belief Model is a good theoretical perspective; instead discuss how each construct (such a Perceived Benefits) will be applied to the program/message that is designed to address the public health problem/issue that the case addresses.
* Discuss two alternative solutions to the solution(s) in your case. These should come from the peer reviewed literature (journal article) and should be demonstrated to have been successful in the cited literature.
* Based on your analysis make recommendations that are supported with peer reviewed literature and/or reliable public health websites
* The recommendations can be what was in the case, what was in the case combined with one or two of the alternatives, or what was in the one or two alternatives
* Make sure to explain and provide support (journal article citations) for each recommendation, discussing how they address the problem.
* There should be 3 recommendations
* Specify activities needed to achieve solutions
* Identify groups / persons responsible for implementation
* Specify timeline with time estimates to complete each step of the solutions
* This can be for the solution in the case done in the past OR for the recommendations moving forward
Step 7 (Conclusion)
* Compare the solution in your case to a solution from another country that addressed a similar problem to your case or a solution from the same country that occurred at least 20 years ago (this needs to contain a citation for a journal article a.k.a. in-text citation)
Other notes to keep in mind:
* Paper is to be SINGLE SPACED!
* Make sure you are analyzing a case and not a public health topic/problem—a case will have a public health problem and a solution/program/policy that was implemented to target the problem.
* Make sure you are analyzing the same case for your paper as you analyzed for your presentation.
* DO NOT USE QUOTES at all!!!!! NO QUOTES! NO QUOTES! NO QUOTES! For Step 3, make sure to include the mission statement from the main organization involved with the case & write the mission statement in your own words, using an in-text citation to credit the organization’s mission statement.
* You will be using scientific style whereby you consult your case and outside references to learn new information and then write what you learned in your own words (to analyze each step) and give credit to the source you learned the information in APA/AMA format
* Make sure to analyze each step thoroughly!
* Have at least 3 scholarly sources – this mean peer-reviewed literature (journal articles)
* You must have 5 total references—2 can be from reliable public health sources such as CDC or WHO or all 5 can be peer reviewed journal articles
* Have a references page in APA/AMA format
* Each section should be relatively similar in length—though sections with more information such as step 4 may be slightly longer
* See the course syllabus for the rubric