Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Examination of social media-related attentional biases in Instagram users using the Flicker Induced Change Blindness Paradigm
• (1)The starting section should have the pervasiveness of social media and have some statistics to back that up (sources in the last 10 yrs).
• (2)Section for the increasing discussion as to whether it can be considered addictive in the literature, including the DSM’s position on this, there should be evidence for and against views in this section
• (3)Section on Incentive sensitization theory as a key theory in substance addiction literature and include Franken (2003) position on this theory
o Talk about what the theory proposes, its thoughts on cravings, what Franken (2003) suggests about substance-related attentional biases and subjective craving having a mutual excitatory relationship
o Also talk about Robinson & Berridge (1993) perspective on attentional bias and cravings within this theory
o How both perspectives conceptualize subjective craving and substance-related attentional biases as related constructs which play a role in the maintenance and relapse of addictive behaviours.
• (4)Section on the evidence in substance literature for the relationship between consumption level and attentional bias, paradigm by paradigm
o These paradigms are Flicker induced Change Blindness, Modified Stroop, and Visual Probe
• (5)Section on evidence in substance literature for the relationship between craving and attentional bias
• (6)Section on emerging findings in behavioural literature regarding evidence for attentional bias
The main research question this experiment sought to address was:
• To what extent are both the initial orienting of attention to social media-related stimuli and maintained attention on social media related stimuli related to levels of social media consumption and levels of social media craving in Instagram users?
• Additionally, the study also sought to address the following questions in relation to methodological aspects of measuring attentional bias:
o Is the extent of social media-related attentional bias demonstrated?
o If demonstrated, is it modulated by the types of stimuli used when employing the flicker induced change blindness paradigm?
Needs to go in the order that I put the instructions so that it flows
I will be attaching the methods section of my experiment in a separate file so that you can see why the introduction is needed for this experiment.
I will also attach an example of an introduction done for a similar experiment using alcohol-related stimuli.
The sources that I talked about earlier will be attached in case you can’t find them online