Follow the instructions below when preparing your paper.
- The paper should include the following sections:
- Title Page
Title page includes your name, university logo, semester, academic year, and title. Title is on the top of the page.
- Purpose of the study
- Overview of the methodology
- Interpretation of the results
The introduction states the topic and the main questions to be explored (see APA paper example)
- Literature Review
- Include a summary of prior studies that are relevant to your study (see APA sample paper)
- State the objective of your research
- State hypothesis
- State how the study contributes to the literature
Here you will have a few subsections: participants, design, materials and procedure.
Participants: list the number of individuals participated in your study and provide some demographic information like gender, age, marital status and so forth.
Procedure: give detailed information about your study
Explain the task you used to test participants.
Explain exactly what participants were expected to do. Include the instructions you gave to participants.
Here you are going to say what type of analysis you did in order to evaluate the validity of your hypothesis.
Please make sure that you say something like “to measure the difference between … , a t-test (or correlation) was conducted. The t-test (or correlation) revealed that …
Make sure you include the average score for the dependent variables.
Add the average scores
Add a graph
- Discussion Section
In this section, you should provide a brief summary of your findings and whether they support your hypothesis, how it relates to prior studies. You should also provide an explanation based on your own assumptions and knowledge for why you found what you found, and the limitations and strengths of your study, and suggestions for future studies.
Make sure you follow APA guidelines.
At least 3 research articles should be included in the introduction and 3 in the discussion.
- Paper Format
Font: Times New Roman 12 pt size
Space: Double space
Margin: 2.5 cm
Length of each section of the paper
- Abstract: 150 words
- Introduction: ½ page minimum
- Literature Review: 2 pages minimum
- Methods: 1 page minimum
- Results: 1 page minimum
- Discussion: 2 pages minimum
- References: 5 references minimumPSY 363
Group Members: _______________________________________________________________
Please answer the questions below:
- What is your research topic?
- Elaborate a research question for the topic listed above.
- Elaborate a hypothesis for your study.
- What are the two variables included in your study?
- Who are going to participate in your study?
- What experimental design are you going to use?
- What methods are you going to use to collect data?
- Explain how you are going to conduct this study.