Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
For this assignment you are asked to analyze the beliefs of a specific religious or spiritual group. You are encouraged to choose any religious or spiritual group, other than your own, that is of interest to you. The focus of this assignment is to learn about religious beliefs as they relate to health and health care. Your goal is to research and write a paper that provides evidence-based information on what health professionals need to know about your chosen group in order to provide spiritually appropriate care to members of this group.
Each question should constitute one half to one page of your paper.
1. Provide a brief description of the spiritual or religious group you chose. Your introduction should include the most current available demographics, e.g. group size and within-group diversity, etc.; any prevalent health issues noted in the literature; and areas of the country/world where members reside.
2. Analyze the religious beliefs of the group as they relate to health related issues such as birth, death, illness, health, treatment options, etc. Also describe any religious rituals associated with health, healing, or illness practiced by the group. Your job is to describe the beliefs and rituals of this group that health providers should understand and be aware of to ensure spiritually appropriate care.
3. Analyze at least two potential conflicts that may arise due to differences between group religious beliefs and the beliefs and values of the dominant culture in health settings. Include in your analysis any health needs that this group may have that are likely to be unmet by the health profession due to the risk of conflict.
4. Choose one of your identified conflicts. Describe one strategy being recommended as a best practice to address this conflict.
5. Describe which of the National CLAS Standards support(s) this strategy and how.
Your paper will be 3-5 double spaced pages and include the following elements:
• An introductory paragraph that identifies your chosen religious/spiritual group and why this group’s needs are important for health professionals to understand.
• A concluding paragraph that summarizes 2-3 takeaway points or lessons learned.
• Accurate APA formatting, including in-text citations, a separate title page, and reference page.
Caratas, N. (2015, Dec 04). Health services executive examines role of catholicism in health care theology on fire examines health care. University Wire Retrieved from https://www-proquest-com.vlib.excelsior.edu/wire-feeds/health-services-executive-examines-role/docview/1738924417/se-2?accountid=134966
Lewis, A. (2016, Sep 07). University health services debuts electronic records health services executive examines role of catholicism in health care. University Wire Retrieved from https://www-proquest-com.vlib.excelsior.edu/wire-feeds/university-health-services-debuts-electronic/docview/1817060852/se-2?accountid=134966
Leventhal, R. (2014). Catholic medical partners. Healthcare Informatics, 31(1), 10-10, 12, 14. Retrieved from https://www-proquest-com.vlib.excelsior.edu/trade-journals/catholic-medical-partners/docview/1530587493/se-2?accountid=134966