Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
PLEASE INCLUDE PREVIEW AND WHICH QUESTION YOU WOULD BE WORKING ON
For your paper, consider one of five possible questions. Frame your answers to the following questions in terms of a Sophist or a Socratic approach as they relate to the 12 Angry Men movie:
1. What did you notice about the arguments (logic) styles of communication among the jurors?
1. Which styles were most effective?
2. Which styles were least effective?
2. What assumptions did some of the jurors make? In what ways did these assumptions demonstrate the presence of or lack of respect, honor, trust, and wisdom?
3. Whose courage/wisdom grew as the deliberations wore on? How or why do you think that courage/wisdom ‘grew’?
4. Who nurtured dialogue (debate)? Who relied mainly on lecturing (spin)? What was the difference of their impact on you?
5. Contrast the persistence and perseverance, the level of Socratic critical thinking a sophist’s persuasion of Juror No. 3, Juror No. 4 Juror No. 8 and Juror No. 10. What did you learn about courage? Who demonstrated critical thinking? Whose style did you find personally most persuasive and why?
The paper must conform to M LA and use 5+ sources for reference. Length must be at least 1100 words and 12 point font, New Times Roman, double spaced with internal citations and works cited page.