Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Look at this list, mentioned in the module (the Becker resource), of investor owned hospitals that started or were located in Texas:
Foundation Surgery Affiliates – their strategy appears to focus on building hospital facilities, especially bariatric surgical centers; NOTE: Merged with UnitedHealth Group Incorporated in 2017!
IASIS Healthcare- who appears to focus on acute-care hospitals; NOTE: Steward Health Care System LLC (Steward) purchased IASIS in 2017!!
LHP Hospital Partners-here is another focus on acute care hospitals especially in small cities and select urban markets; NOTE: LHP Hospital Partners merged with Ardent in 2016!!
Signature Hospital Corp-focuses on revitalizing the market position and operating performance of community hospitals, that includes owning and operating roughly 400 in small rural areas as well as academic hospitals. NOTE: Signature closed its doors in 2011!!
Select one and only one in the above list to conduct an investigation.
Research/Investigate your selection to identify:
1. The origin/year launched, who were the owners/investors in the beginning, executives, headquarter location and strategic focus.
2. Over time from business launch, find any announcements regarding change in leadership (CEO, CFO, CMO marketing, COO, CMO medical, or other equally high level influence in the business operations).
3. Also over time from business launch, find any announcements or reports regarding who the major investors were originally and if the investors changed — only leading up to my “NOTE”s . My “NOTE” indicates the latest significant change in the business ownership or closure- so please stop your investigation regarding major investor changes up to this last point in time that I called attention to in the module.
4. Find, using UNT resources ( this means Hoovers, STATISTA or other data bases, call the business librarian for help= ) along with credible source you find (recall syllabus no wikis, no crowd sources=), such as any news, reports, or financial indication that the business you chose shared or published. This could also include regulatory changes your business posted as an issue(s) to address.
5. Finally, Looking at your findings for 2, 3, and 4, build a timeline of activity that helps explain what caused that last significant change in business ownership I made a note of in my investigation.
POST/RESPOND to these questions online:
a) What is the name of the business you chose, when did they ‘start’, who were the top executives at the time of opening, where was headquarters located when they opened, and finally what was their strategic focus (essentially verifying my investigation or enlightening us if they started their business on something else=). Please be clear, succinct and cite your source. No really long interpretation needed as a response to a).
b) From your investigation, share your explanation (essentially #5 above) by providing a time-line of significant events. Give us a synopsis of each significant event you found along with your sources you cite. This could be a paragraph or 2.
c) Finally, what is your opinion, (hopefully this is a financial driver but it is okay if it is not) that caused the business to reach the point of sale, closure or merger that your investigation revealed.
Spend about an hour of healthy investigation (again, you cannot exclusively rely on google – by the very nature of searching vanished entities you will be looking at archived information) on your one business you chose from the list and less than an hour writing up and posting your responses to the graded questions a, b, c.
The purpose of this discussion is to sharpen our analysis tools so we do NOT make the same mistakes or BE PREPARED for similar events when you are in a role of influence!
Hope you enjoy.
Please post your original response by Wednesday, June 30th then reply to others