Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Frederick, “Televangelism” in Between Sundays:
1. Historically, how have Black churches been strong supporter of African-American communities? What is the danger of televangelism according to Frederick?
2. What are some of the primary distinctive characteristics of megachurches? How are they different from smaller storefront, neighborhood, or house churches?
Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength to Love:
3. When Dr. King tells African-Americans to follow Matthew 10:16, “be ye therefore as wise as serpents, and harmless as doves,” he is telling them to practice non-violent resistance. What is non-violent resistance and how does it relate to this biblical passage?
4. Discuss the Biblical myth of the ‘Good Samaritan’ story in relation to King’s movement. What is Dr. King telling his followers to do when he encourages them to be like the Good Samaritan?
Autobiography of Malcolm X as told by Alex Haley:
5. During his time with the NOI, Malcolm X rejected the integrationist perspective and instead called for African Americans to become independent from whites. How did he believe that this should be done? Include social, religious, and economic examples in your answer.
6. Early in his career Malcolm X was anti-white; he even frequently used the term “white devils” to describe his enemy. Later in life, he believed that there was unity, even among the different races, in Islam – as a Muslim brotherhood. What event changed his mind? Describe.
Prashad, The Karma of Brown Folk:
7. Prashad argues that while multiculturalism is often celebrated as better than previous policies of assimilation, it still becomes problematic in the way it is applied. How is multiculturalism different from assimilation and what are some of the problems that Prasad associates with it?
8. Prashad argues that even the Hindu ritual of marriage has been impacted by multiculturalism. How so?