Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Discussion “Capacity Planning” Please respond to the following: Analyze two or three (2-3) differences between design capacity and effective capacity, and then predict one or two (1-2) challenges that you may encounter when using each method. Provide specific examples to support your rationale HW also see attached Ch. 9 2. A manufacturer of printed circuit boards has a design capacity of 1000 boards per day. The effective capacity, however, is 700 boards per day. Recently, the production facility has been producing 950 boards per day. Compute the design and effective capacity utilization measures. (Round your answers to 1 decimal place, the tolerance is +/-0.1.) Utilization Effective = %, Utilization Design = %
4. The town barber shop can accommodate 35 customers per day. The manager has determined that if two additional barbers are hired, the shop can accommodate 80 customers per day. What are the design and effective capacities for the barber shop? Effective capacity = customers/day Design capacity = customers/day
6. The design and effective capacities for a local emergency facility are 300 and 260 patients per day, respectively. Currently the emergency room processes 250 patients per day. Don’t show me this message again for the assignment
Compute the design and effective capacity utilization measures. (Round your answers to 1 decimal place, the tolerance is +/-0.1.) Utilization Effective = %, Utilization Design = % Don’t show me this message again for the assignment
Link to Text
What do the design and effective capacity utilization measures tell you? The utilization rates show that the facility’s current output is
Above or below its design and effective capacities.
CH. 10 6. Gator Office Systems has interviewed managers in order to develop the from–to matrix:
Trips between Departments
Department A B C D E F
A — 30 — 34 50 25 B — — 55 10 10 C — — 15 5 D — — — E — 30 F —
The current layout is shown in the figure below. F E A B C D
A better layout has been proposed for Gator Office Supplies: B D C A E F
Compute the ld score for Gator Office Supplies’ current and proposed layouts. Current Layout
8. David’s Sport Supplies is a store that sells sports equipment and gear for teenagers and young adults. David’s is in the process of assigning the location of storage areas in its warehouse to minimize the number of trips made to retrieve needed items.
Given in the table below are the departments that need to be located, the number of trips made per week for each department, and the area needed by each department. Trips to and Area Department from Dock Needed
1. Baseball equipment 160 2 2. Football gear 100 1 3. Hockey equipment 150 3 4. Basketball equipment 120 1 5. Sports clothes 270 3
Which location scheme is the best? 1 5 5 4 3 o dock Aisle 1 5 2 3 3
5 5 3 1 2 o dock Aisle 5 3 3 1 4
1 2 3 3 5 o dock Aisle 1 4 3 5 5
4 5 5 1 3 o dock Aisle 2 5 1 3 3
5 5 1 4 3 o dock Aisle 5 2 1 3 3
10. MMS Associates is a telecommunications service provider. The company is currently redesigning its main office to accommodate six newly hired salespeople. Some of the salespeople are expected to work in teams, so office assignments are very important. The table below presents the from–to matrix showing the expected frequency of contacts between members of the new sales staff.
Sales Person A B C D E F
A — 6 12 18 1 1 B — 4 19 3 0 C — 5 0 0 D — 7 19 E — 0 F —
This block plan shows the assigned office locations for the six sales members.
Michael Marc, the President of MMS Associates, is considering an alternative plan:
What is the ld score for this plan?
How does it compare to the original plan considered? An alternative plan is
worse or better