Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
In the previous assignment, you completed a 4 week training phase template using Microsoft Excel.
Training phases, also called microcycles, are typically 3-4 weeks and commonly have a singular emphasis (i.e. hypertrophy, strength or power).
Training programs are made up of multiple phases sequenced together. 12-16 week programs are the most common.
For this assignment, you will divide 12 weeks into a 3-phase program, select exercises and prescribe sets, repetitions and loads according the recommendations in Chapter 17 of your Essentials textbook.
Here are the instructions for this assignment:
1) You should have created a single, 4 week template for the previous assignment. The first thing you should do is create 2 additional copies of this sheet. On the bottom/tab of the sheet, right click and click on Move or Copy. Create copy. You can also rename the tabs Phase 2, Phase 3 etc.
2) Each sheet/template should include 3 workouts (Day 1, 2, 3). You should have 3-4 exercises (at most) per workout for this assignment. Each workout/day should contain different exercises. (Exercises can be variations of each other. Example: Front Squat on Day 1, Back Squat on Day 3).
3) The goal for your Phase 1 is Hypertrophy. The load (weight), number of sets and repetitions should reflect the recommendations for hypertrophy in Chapter 17. When selecting load/weight, fill it in as a percentage out of 100. In an ideal world, this would reflect a percentage of a 1RM (1 Rep Max). Please refer to the tables on pp 458 and 463 to complete these entries.
For your Hypertrophy Phase, you may choose to:
– keep the loads the same each week and slightly increase repetitions
– OR slightly increase the load each week AND slightly DECREASE the repetitions per set each week. (When increasing weight you should always prepare to perform fewer reps)
4) The goal for your Phase 2 is Strength. You now must change the load, sets, and repetitions to reflect the goal being strength. Please refer to the tables on pp 458 and 463 to complete these entries.
For your Strength Phase, you must increase the load slightly each week AND decrease reps per set slightly each week.
5) The goal for your Phase 3 is Power. Just like the previous two phases, you must change the loads, sets and reps to reflect the goal being power.
For your Power Phase, you may elect to keep the loads the same and the reps the same. You may increase the number of sets slightly each week since the number of reps per set will be very low.
Please submit an Excel file that contains your 3 worksheets (Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3). You do NOT need to convert your sheets into PDFs for this assignment.
the attached file is the 4 weeek training program excel sheet that you will need