Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Refer to Slide #56 in this week’s presentation slide set for instruction on how to access iXBRLAnalyst
through Google Sheets for XBRL data extraction. Specifically,
• Open a browser and follow the link:
• Log into your Google Account
• Click on File > Make a Copy…
• This should allow you to edit the Google Sheet in your own account.
Your task is to use this Google Sheet to extract XBRL data and calculate Debt Ratio and Current Ratio
for Amazon for fiscal years 2014-2017. Here are some suggested steps:
• Step 1: Change the basic company parameters to specify the data extraction
▪ Main Company Ticker: AMZN
▪ Most Recent Year: 2017
▪ Period: this should remain to be “FY”
▪ Round to: 1,000,000
• Step 2: Change the XBRL tags required for calculating Debt Ratio and Current Ratio. You
need to first decide what data items you need for the calculation of Debt Ratio and Current
Ratio, and then obtain the XBRL tags for these items from SEC EDGAR interactive data.
Enter the XBRL tags in the column [Financial Facts]. Your data items should load after
inputting the XBRL tags. [Hint: if some variables do not load after you input the XBRL
tags, you need to think about alternative approaches of obtaining the data, for example, by
performing summations or subtractions of other variables.]
• Step 3: Create two rows for the calculation of Debt Ratio and Current Ratio respectively
below your extracted data items. Enter the formulas for Debt Ratio and Current Ratio, and
obtain the final results.
The three steps are summarized in the following screenshot:
Finally, after you have successfully extracted the necessary data and calculated the ratios, type your name in the first row of the Google Sheet. Then take a screenshot of your Google Sheet containing the data, calculated ratios and your name. Copy and paste the screenshot onto a word file, convert it into pdf format, and upload the pdf file containing the screenshot to Blackboard. You have only one attempt for the upload so make sure you submit your final solution.