Introduction to Business
- OBJECTIVE: Select a publicly-traded company and assess its’ business position in the past, the present and the future.
- Use the concepts we have studied this semester, g. ethics, social responsibility, management, productivity, marketing, etc.
Grading and deadlines
- Written report, due for final class – 15%
Your report should be about 1500 words. It should be based on two news/magazine articles about the company’s operations, the company’s Annual Report and the company’s web site. The report should address the following topics:
- Description of the company’s operations (goods and services). What industry are they in? Who are the major competitors?
- What was their strategy and outlook in the past, what is it now, and where are they going in the future?
- SWOT Analysis
- Which elements of the business environment is your company most sensitive to?
- What is your assessment of this company? Are they likely to succeed or fail? Why?