Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
John Kotter’s approach to organizational change usually comes up and I became aware of his 8-Step Model many years ago.
You need to remember that change is not handled by a checklist. The steps you take managing change are not sequential necessarily.
One of the Founding Partners for our firm always told me to “look for the heuristic and not the algorithm.” You may need to Google those concepts if you’re not clear but change is often messy.
Here is another change model you might want to explore. I will be glad to answer any questions.
What does “strategic alignment” mean to you?
EIGHT STEP STRATEGIC ALIGNMENT PROCESS
VECTOR GROUP INC.
Note: Italicized items are variable in length and content depending upon the current organizational situation.
1. Review business plan and overall organizational Strategic Intent.
2. Achieve ringing clarity from CEO to on plan/organizational intent – and then solicit CEO views of what is working and what is not and ascertain what measures, if any, are utilized.
3. Complete an Organizational Scan.
4. Review results with CEO and plan meeting with executive group.
5. Issues-Based Team Building (one or more sessions of one or more days each) minimum output is clarity and agreement on strategy/business intent and development of set of organizational values to support the business plan.
6. All managers session. Minimum output is clarity on Strategy, Intent, and Values and an articulation of necessary Management Practices to implement the strategy/intent.
6a – if necessary, creation of Action Learning Teams to investigate and resolve Infrastructure Issues.
7. Feedback based session for managers to develop individual action plans.
7a -Follow up sessions as necessary
8. All staff sessions. Minimum output is clarity on strategy, intent, understanding of management activity around infrastructure. and feedback, and solicitation of their ideas and suggestions.
8a. Follow-up sessions as necessary.
© Vector Group, Inc., 1998, 2010
Please include proper citation