Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
JUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.
Read: Lowenthal Chapters 9-10
Read: Jarmon Chapter 4
Text Assignment (100 pts)
Answer the following questions below in three or more full sentences:
1) Describe the role of the president in the intelligence process.
2) Describe the role of the state department in the intelligence process.
3) Describe the role of the defense department in the intelligence process.
4) Describe the role of DHS in the intelligence process.
5) Describe the role of the NSC in the intelligence process.
6) Explain the role of the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board.
7) Explain the role of the President’s Intelligence Oversight Board.
8) Explain the role of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board.
9) Explain the role of the Office of Management and Budget with respect to intelligence matters.
10) What is the role of Inspector Generals in government agencies?
11) How does Congress exercise oversight of the intelligence community?
12) What do you think is more effective in exercising oversight of the intelligence community, Congressional authorization or appropriations? Explain.
13) Do you think Congressional prior notice is problematic when exercising covert actions or is it necessary to ensure oversight? Explain.
14) Why is controlling the rules of internet access important to the US?
15) What is nation-state economic espionage in cyberspace?
16) In what ways to does China involve in itsself in cyber economic espionage?
17) How has the US tried to combat Chinese cyber economic espionage?
18) How does cyberspace play into China’s larger international security?
19) What is the Great Firewall of China?
20) What effect with China’s cybersecurity law have on US corporations working in China with significant reliance on the internet?
News Assignment (75 pts)
Read and cite 3 articles on US actions against Huawei and answer the following question:
1) What does the US allege Huawei is guilty of?
2) What are the long term strategic interests the US has against Huawei?
3) What are the security implications if Huawei provides 5G technology to a vast majority of developing countries?
4) What are the security implications if Huawei provides 5G technology to European allies?
5) What are the security implications if Huawei provides 5G technology within the US?
6) Should the US government let the freemarket determine Huawai’s success in the US market or should the government intervene to curb their market entrance? Explain.