Length: 1500-2000 words (6-8 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style (Abstract, introduction and conclusion must be included.)
- Using the project life cycle develop a matrix showing when various sources of conflict occur.
- Describe the communications process in place on your project or in your organization.
- List the types of communication in use on your projects. For each communication type determines the following:
- The intent of the communication.
- The recipient(s) of the communication and their needs/expectations.
- The mode of communication.
- The expected results of the communication.
- How the communication is documented.
- Your recommendations for improving the communication.
- Determine the best conflict resolution mode for each of the following situations:
- Two of your functional team members appear to have personality clashes and almost always assume opposite points of view during decision-making.
- R&D quality control and manufacturing operations quality control continually argue as to whom should perform testing on an R&D project. R&D postulates that it is its project, and manufacturing argues that it will eventually go into production and that its staff wishes to be involved as early as possible.
- When resolving conflicts does it matter to whom the project manager reports? Why or why not?