Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
MAN 4673 – TRADE POLICY AND BUSINESS
INSTRUCTOR: LOUIS MELBOURNE
This is an INDIVIDUAL project.
The purpose of this project is to give you practical experience exporting and importing products out of and/or into the United States and other countries.
- Select one product as the basis for the project.
- Select a DESTINATION COUNTRY (i.e., the country to which the product will be exported).
- Prepare a report covering the following:
- Part A: U.S. Trade Relationship.
Briefly describe the following between the U.S. and your selected country(500-750 words):
- The history of trade.
- Any trade agreements(e.g. free trade agreements, etc.). Include type and when formed, if applicable.
iii. Any current trade restrictions, trade wars, embargoes, etc.
- Part B: Product Information:
- Name the product you have selected.
- Provide the HTSUS code for the product.
iii. Prepare the following documents for the product:
- Export Cost Worksheet (see p. 32 of text for sample)
- Pro forma/commercial invoice
- Waybill (Air or Ocean depending on your mode of transportation)
- Certificate of Origin
- S. Customs Form 7501 (go to CBP.GOV for access to the form). Refer to 7501 Instructions at CBP.GOV (for imports).
- COMPLETING THE FORMS:
- You need to fill out all forms for the product (you can do either the pro-forma or the commercial invoice).
- Even though you’re exporting the product, there are forms which pertain mainly to imports (i.e., the 7501 and the Certificate of Origin). Please fill out those forms as if you’re importing your product into the U.S. from your country.For example, if you are exporting aluminum nails, you’ll fill out the Export Cost Worksheet, pro-forma or commercial invoice, and waybill normally, then fill out the 7501 and Certificate of Origin as if you were importing the nails into the U.S.
- You must include all 5 forms as an appendix to your paper. That way, I can verify that the forms have been completed.
- ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES
- Complete the paper as a single Word doc using a Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- The paper is due in Blackboard by Sunday, April 15, 2018, by 11:59p.m.