Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
1. What do the artists from the North Korean Mansudae Art Studio and the South Korean
Minjung artists have in common? Compare and contrast the two artistic groups in terms of their
motivations, presentations, and receptions. Please use their specific works to support your
2. What were the messages that Korean Minjung art of the 1980s and early 1990s aimed to
present? Discuss at least three works from the Minjun artistic group.
3. What are the positive effect and the potential problems of symbolic monuments and arts that
present national identity?
4. Below is an early 17th c. ceramic vessel made in Japan. What type of ceramic is this? What
are the possible technical and stylistic sources that inspired this work? Last, would you identify it
as Japanese, Korean or transnational art? Use the readings and the images in the Blackboard for
5. Compare and contrast the two self-portraits of Ko Hŭi-dong below. How did Ko Hŭi-dong
present his identity in these two paintings? Please use assigned readings to support your
6. What was the significance of the construction of the Government-General Building during the
Japanese Colonial Period in Korea? What was the significance of the demolition of the building?
How did South Korea after 1990s deal with other important colonial architecture?
1. Please read the questions CAREFULLY before answering them. Please make sure that your response answers the question.
2. Please indicate your sources. For example: “According to Lipman, the yangban enjoyed many
privileges such as tax breaks.” OR: “The yangban enjoyed many privileges such as tax breaks
(Lipman, p. 117).” Also, it is your responsibility to avoid plagiarism in the exam.
❤3. Each answer should be 【at least 250-word】 long.
4. Please use EITHER McCune-Reischauer OR Revised Romanization CONSISTENTLY.
5. You must answer the questions by yourself. DO NOT discuss with your classmates during the
• Maintains focus/avoids being sidetracked by tangents
• Presents all information clearly and concisely and in an organized manner
• Does much more than merely restate the question and offer a brief response
• Avoids distracting grammar/spelling/etc. problems