Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Instructions and Template for Abstract #1, Phil102-P130, Spring 2018
Your Abstract #1 will follow strictly the template I provide on the next page. This will serve as an outline of the argument that you will later express in standard essay form as your Textual Argument Paper. Abstract #1
● You will need to develop a thesis and argument in support of one of our authors’ arguments. You may write on anything that we have read as an assigned text thus far, i.e., Plato or Conway. See the syllabus for more information on this task.
● You will need to identify some argument in our readings that you can explain, add to, or otherwise support with your own evidence and reasoning. Remember that, for the purpose of this assignment, you will be arguing for one of our authors, though this may include consideration of possible criticisms made by others, and your defense against these criticisms.
● Choose something of narrow enough scope that you can adequately develop and support your thesis within the abstract template, and eventually in a 1,000 word essay. It’s better to fully develop a narrow thesis rather than to only scratch the surface on an expansive topic.
● You will need to properly cite your sources, though this may again remain informal, i.e., Author, Abbreviation of Title, and line,page, or section number (where our editions have them) in parentheses will be sufficient.
● This should not be a retread of one of your reflection papers, though some overlap in topic is acceptable.