• The student will choose a topic with Ortho/Neuro problem for the nursing grand rounds presentation.
• Using a concept map outline to present the topic during the post-conference
• The student will present a 15 minutes Power Point Presentation with a minimum of 10 slides in addition submit a trifold brochure to the clinical instructor
• The student should ask questions and stimulate discussions about the presented topic.
QUESTIONS RELATED TO PATIENT’S PROBLEM
1. Present a Medical Surgical topics related to Health Alteration II (from the reading list) using the concept map.
2. Define the medical diagnosis. (Patho, S/S)
3. List all the pertinent diagnostic workup related to the diagnosis including Labs, CT scans, X-rays, procedures, and etc.
4. List nursing care and expected outcomes related to the diagnosis.
5. Medical & Nursing managements
6. Identify teaching needs to be completed as they relate to the diagnosis including diet, activities, medication, special needs, follow ups, and etc.