4. Review the executive summary Peeter prepared to help justify investing in ResNet. What points were made to convince the finance committee to support the project?
6. Describe a project you have seen initiated. Compare how it was handled to the ResNet project. What were the similarities and differences?
CH-13 Planning (DISCUSSION QUESTIONS 1&6)
1. Review the list of processes and outputs involved in project planning. Which outputs did NWA emphasize?
6. Review the WBSs and cost estimates provided. Discuss any questions you might have about them.
CH-14 Executing (QUESTIONS 3&4)
3. Describe Peeter’s leadership style. What made him an effective project leader? Would he be an effective project leader in a different organization? Why or why not? What role did organizational culture play in his leadership style?
4. What were the three main success factors for ResNet, according to Peeter? Can these factors be applied to all large information technology projects? Explain your answer.
CH-15 CONTROLLING (DISCUSSION QUESTIONS 4&5)
4. Discuss the format of the sample weekly status report. What do you like/dislike about it? Does emphasizing issues and decisions make sense? Could this approach be taken on more information technology projects?
5. Discuss the use of a change management team on ResNet. Could this approach be taken on more information technology projects?
CH-16 CLOSING(QUESTIONS 1&2)
1. Describe the key processes and outputs of the project closing process group. Describe some of the outputs of closing the ResNet project.
2. Review the goals of the ResNet final audit report. What was the focus of the audit? Why was it important to document the methodology assumptions? What other questions could be included in a final project audit?