Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
PSL8106 Unit 5 Assignment 1 Correlation Analysis
In Unit 4 you selected the topic for study that you will be using throughout the course (the Exam Anxiety in Students topic or the Condom Use in an Adult Sex Education Class topic). In this assignment, you will complete the correlation analysis within your selected topic. To complete the following:
- In SPSS, open the data for your topic. Go to Analyze, then Correlate, then Bivariate.
- Perform a bivariate analysis on the correct variables within your dataset using SPSS. You must complete these in order to answer your correlation questions.
- Conduct Pearson correlation coefficients using a two-tailed test.
- Copy and paste the results table into a Word document.
- Write at least two sentences that answer each of your correlation research questions, based on your data analysis (questions noted below).
- Explain the significant findings and directional correlations (positive versus negative coefficients).
- Analyze how the analysis addresses either your alternative hypothesis or your null hypothesis.
Here are the correlation questions for each topic:
- Exam Anxiety in Students (Exam Anxiety.sav dataset):
- What is the relationship between exam anxiety and exam performance for students?
- What is the relationship between gender and exam performance for students?
- What is the relationship between time spent revising and exam performance for students?
When done, submit your work to this assignment. Read the Correlation Analysis Scoring Guide prior to submitting to make sure you have met all of the expectations of this assignment.
Note: The information from this assignment may be used to complete your course project in Unit 10.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.