Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Short Essay Assignment 3
Read pp. 662-683
You are to choose one of the poems below from your Perrine textbook and answer one of the questions in an essay format. It should be a minimum of 900 words. For your thesis statement you can simply restate the question you choose to answer in the declarative. Quote and paraphrase from the text as necessary to support your thesis. Look on OWL at Purdue if you cannot remember how to properly quote poetry. Here’s the link:
Copy and paste into your browser.
You are also to provide a Works Cited entry for the poem, which can be on the same page as the last paragraph of your text.
YOU MAY NOT USE ANY OUTSIDE SOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT. ANYONE CAUGHT USING OUTSIDE SOURCES WILL FACE DISCIPLINARY ACTION AND A 0 ON THE ASSIGNMENT. TO HELP ENSURE THAT NO OUTSIDE SOURCES ARE USED, ALL ESSAYS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO TURNITIN.COM. ANY PAPER NOT SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. The essay must be written in Times New Roman font size 12.
2. There must be no extra spaces between paragraphs.
3. It must be double spaced and the spacing after lines in the paragraph dialogue box must be set to 0.
4. You are to rephrase the question you choose to answer as your thesis statement.
5. The author’s name and the title of the story you choose must appear in your essay’s title.
6. The essay must use literary present tense and you are to provide parenthetical citations for paraphrases and quotes used from the story. You need not put the author’s surname in the citation.
7. You are to create a Works Cited entry for the story you choose. However, you do not need to put it on a separate page.
Maya Angelou, “Woman Work”