Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Systematic Risk and CAPM (100 points)
Purpose of this project is to calculate the systematic risk (β) of your company, and therefore to estimate the required rate of return (k) using CAPM.
- The calculation should rely on at least 60 monthly (or 250 weekly) returns on your company’s stock and on the market (S&P 500 Index, for example). A regression line should be built on Excel and a graph of the characteristic line (SCL) should be provided. A short interpretation on β value and characteristic line should be given too.
- You should build your own security market line (SML). Explain your calculation for the annual risk free rate and the annual market return. The required return (k) should be visible on the graph and its value should be supported by calculation.
Do not forget to provide in appendices:
- The table showing prices and returns you use to calculate β and to build the characteristic line
- A graph showing characteristic line and β
- A graph showing the SML, the risk free rate, the market return, and your company required return k.
DIS vs. SPY monthly return
|Adjusted R Square||0.465929985|
|Coefficients||Standard Error||t Stat||P-value||Lower 95%||Upper 95%||Lower 95.0%||Upper 95.0%|
|X Variable 1||1.169372517||0.161431168||7.24378401||1.14E-09||0.846232924||1.492512109||0.846232924||1.492512109|