Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
PSY-3360 Video Assignment
The BBC two-part documentary on the Hillside Stranglers’ case is excellent. See it if you can find it. The titles are The Mind of a Murderer and The Mask of Madness. This follows the case from the discovery of the first body, media coverage, police investigation, forensic evidence, psychologists’ and psychiatrists’ involvement, through the trials (longest in history and first to allow TV cameras), and post-sentencing drama. It is fascinating, and you are part of the mystery, forming your own theories along the way as the case enfolds.
I posted links to two other documentaries that are also good, and are available on Your Tube.
Write each question, and then answer it. Do NOT write an essay and expect me to try to figure out if you answered the questions. I will not grade that. Write at least 50 words for each answer. Fewer words will lose 5 points for that question.
Hillside Stranglers Video Part 1
Mind of a Murderer Part 2 – Kenny Bianchi, Hillside Strangler – YouTube
Answer the following questions:
1. What year and where was the first body discovered? You can write fewer than 50 words to answer this question.
2. What was the Hillside Stranglers’ “M.O.” (modus operandi)?
3. What forensic evidence helped solve these murders?
4. Where was the first arrest made, and who was arrested? You can write fewer than 50 words to answer this question,
5. Who was Dr. Orne and what was Dr. Orne’s diagnosis of Ken Bianchi?
6. Two primary categories of characteristics of individuals who demonstrate Psychopathy (psychopathic) are 1) fearless and 2) reckless disregard for others. Give examples from the video that illustrates each of these categories of characteristics:
b. Reckless disregard for others:
7. Were the Hillside Stranglers insane at the time of the murders? Explain your answer:
8. Did Ken Bianchi have dissociative identity disorder (previously called multiple personality disorder)? Explain your answer.
9. Were the Hillside Stranglers competent to stand trial? Explain your answer.
10. What was the outcome of the trial? What sentence did each receive?
11. Write your comments about this case. What did you learn from completing this assignment?