The project must be a research paper on a topic of your choice, as long as it relates to the aviation industry. Any topic discussed in the text (Airport Planning & Management, Sixth Edition by Young and Wells) or in class is acceptable, and the text is an acceptable reference document. You do not need my approval of topic choice before you begin, but I will offer guidance if you are in doubt.
- The paper should:
- Present a problem, question or situation;
- Review the relevant research literature;
- Arrive at some conclusion(s);
- Present your ideas going forward.
- The paper should be typed or word processed with 1.5 line spacing.
- There is no minimum number of pages required, but you should be complete in your discussion, research and analysis.
- Do not get overly wordy. Keep the paper as short, concise and precise as possible.
- Margins should be 1″ on all sides.
- Font should be Arial 12 point.
- You must cite all references you discuss in your paper.
- Do not copy anything from references unless you put quotes around it and cite the reference after the quote. The general rule is, unless the work or idea is authentically your own, cite and credit the proper reference(s) at the end of the sentence to tell the reader where you got the information.
- Papers will be evaluated on their overall content, organization, clarity and relevant meaning. Papers that are written well and show a clear, logical and thoughtful structure will be evaluated more positively.