This first week’s assignment allows you to apply the fundamentals of the three-step writing process to basic business communication messages.
Imagine the following scenario:
You are planning a series of trainings for your team of employees on best practices in workplace communication. Your first step is to send out an e-mail highlighting the topics of your upcoming series of trainings.
Write a 350- to 700-word message directed at your employees that discusses the topics to be covered in the upcoming trainings.
Apply the fundamentals of the three-step writing process as you write your message.
Include a brief synopsis of the following topics as a part of your message:
- How business communication differs from informal or personal communication
- Considerations for intercultural communication in the business environment
- How ethics applies to business communication
- How social media and other digital technologies shape business communication
- How to plan, while incorporating ethics, as a part of the three-step writing process