Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
This industry-practical assignment relates to learning outcomes 1, 2, and 3 for this paper.
Submission: Via Moodle – please upload all three documents in one folder – easier for Cheryl to print out and mark.
Organizational client for this assignment:
Sample Stakeholder: A client will be assigned to you. You will still need to decide on a small sample of stakeholder/s to select for the client. You are not expected to consider every stakeholder.
For students: Task A only
You will complete this assignment as an individual and Cheryl will assign you one of the clients to become the focus of this assignment.
You only need to complete task a and you will do this task a part of the assignment as an individual. You will only do task a but please note you are expected to do more work for task a (i.e. esp., more words for document 3).
Task a: You only need to complete task a. See details below for task a.
Word Count for Task a: complete all three documents.
Upload them in one document to make it easier for Cheryl to print out.
For document three your word count = 2000 – 2500. Not including references or appendices or the first two documents (as they are primarily visual)
– Please note that I will allocate you ONE of the organizational clients (either Shelter Box or Hamilton Zoo).
Key Advice: Take a focus i.e. one stakeholder to focus on for this assignment rather than all the stakeholders
Benefits of this assignment for you: The creative communication recommendation/intervention assignment allows you to research, make decisions, plan and pitch your intervention to a real organisational client. You will be involved in research, design and developing a creative intervention stakeholder communications engagement plan for the client. Then pitch that intervention to the client.
This assignment will draw on your learning from the course, readings, theories, Moodle content, assignments and guest speakers.
TASK A: Conduct research, reading, thinking and analysis for your group on a context, issue, and stakeholder for the client organization.
Key Overall General Question: What effective external communications could be used by the organization to develop communication engagement for the project? How could they motivate your sample stakeholder to become informed, involved, engaged, and gain commitment to involvement with the client’s project?
Clients: Scroll to the bottom of our Moodle. Please note that online and face-to-face people have different clients. Online off-campus people, please email Cheryl email@example.com to be assigned your client
Submission: Please note: It is expected that you read, research, plan, design, and write the documents for task A and upload them for marking. You will upload your documents for task a in ONE document for easier printing via Moodle submit.
For task A there are at least 3 documents that need to be completed. You can add more documents, for instance, appendices or other relevant supplementary information.
Please note you all will need a title cover sheet (name, student id, , title) and references (you may add appendices if you need them).
Please upload as ONE document to make printing the assignment for marking easier
1. Document one (can be divided into two): Context & Stakeholder visual creative map. You will then need to analyse this map for the information you have inputted = to identify – stakeholders in terms of who has power, influence, resources, etc using the models we discussed in class during week 6 (eg Influence/interest grid). Then which stakeholder to focus on and how to engage e.g. inform, collaborate, etc (IPA2 models). Yur Influence/interest grid and IPA2 model can be placed in the appendices.
2. Document two: Visual creative community stakeholder engagement plan (see the Waikato Health Rivers Stakeholder Communication plan example).
3. Document three: Written information informed by credible source material to define, explain and support key/important parts of documents one and two. (You decide what content to include and what is essential for this document). References and appendices can appear at the end of document three.
Word count: Word count for document three = 2000 – 2500. Not including references or appendices or the first two documents (as they are primarily visual)
Document one: Is the visual, creative context & stakeholder map/picture. You did a small practice of this task for week 2 & 6’s participation. For this assignment, you will need to research and gather more details. Gather and identify the key aspects – context (e.g. culture, past reactions, present, and future anticipated to the issue by stakeholders consider who is impacted most? Who are influential – gatekeepers, champions & ‘loins’ (hint media), barriers, worries, risks, preferred channels of communication, messages/rhetoric that might unite/common cause, who has not engaged etc). Your purpose in this document is to visually represent the key points relevant to the context, issue and stakeholders in a visual form. The information this document one holds needs to be analysed in order to move to document two and three. You will then need to analyse this map for the information you have inputted = to identify – stakeholders in terms of who has power, influence, resources, etc using the models we discussed in class during week 6 (eg Influence/interest grid). Then which stakeholder to focus on and how to engage e.g. inform, collaborate, etc (IPA2 models). Yur Influence/interest grid and IPA2 model can be placed in the appendices.
Document two: This is the stakeholder communication engagement plan. As you can see from our example role model from Waikato Healthy Rivers – including principles/ethics/ethos, constraints/risks/barriers, key tools/methods and the final table indicates who/what org does what where and when. TIn this section I should clearly see (but you don’t have to write about it or define/explain/discuss theories ) that your work is informed and shaped/design by a consideration of some or all of the following – Ecological model, Appreciative Inquiry paradigm, Participative Development theory, self-efficacy theory, social model, participation models, dialogue theory. You do not need to mention the theories – the decisions you make to include in this action will illustrate your understandings.
The written document three – needs to be supported by credible research and information sources. These sources will support and provide credible evidence/rationale for the approach/plan you have decided to pitch to the client in your assignment. This does not need to be a long document – it is about deciding which key information is needed to support, illustrate and provide a rationale for the first two documents and your plan. Please remember to research and reference your sources to support and persuade us to take on your suggestions.
Structure/Format for Document 3: Report with headings.
In your written report document 3 decide on the key information needed to support and supplement your decision-making for your stakeholder plan. For this task you need to consider some or all of the following (you need to decide):
Your aim with this third written document is to make informed decisions about what written material to include that supports and provides evidence for your plan. These informed decisions are based on your readings and content from the course plus any credible independent readings/secondary information that you have conducted. This written document is required to support and provide detail that develops/enriches the visual documents (context/stakeholder and plan).
* Purpose/aim; scope
i.e. boundaries of your work as you can’t cover everyone and everything within this focus; outline/signpost key points/issues;
define key terms/theories/acronyms used);
* Context – key issues/parts – consider relevant past current and future – eg history; politics. regulations, physical community space etc.
* Risks – consider (relevance to this client & topic/issue) some/all of the risks (for definition please see this link- https://cuttingedgepr.com/how-to-manage-risk-in-your-communication-activities/)
* Org key background; values/ethics, key resources & key relationships
* Audience/stakeholder relationships (informed by appropriate perspective/mindsets eg AI and PDC theories
Consider previous relationships – key things re what helped/what didn’t
* Collaboration & engagement plan – and the rationale (pedagogical reasons) why these are important to do in this context with stakeholder relationships; analysis that needs to be undertaken (you may have started on some e.g. the context and stakeholder visual map);
Involvement/Leading & Decision-making collaboration; developing capabilities/self-efficacy; relationships with others/community groups and key people;
Accessibility, diversity, inclusion; Resources; possible funding sources, timeline
* Credible, conclusion that informs and persuades why the client should take your work onboard. This section also needs to outline key limitations or caveats to your plan that the client should beware of before considering implementing the plan
Please Note: Any communication recommendations and interventions need to ethical align with the values of the organisation and WMS ethical regulations.