Use the skills you learned developing the writing process for essay one to complete one full page of prewriting on each of the short story options for essay two, the midterm essay. You may choose to freewrite or brainstorm a page in response to your group discussion and your annotations on the stories. Double-space and use a Times New Roman 12 point font. Place the header in the upper right margin and omit the formal heading so that you can fill the entire page with ideas for developing an essay analyzing the purpose of the story.
Helena Maria Viramontes
1. Helena Maria Viramontes: University of California at Santa Barbara Library research page includes a discussion of her short story, “The Moths.” https://www.library.ucsb.edu/special-collections/cema/viramontes_helena
2. University of Oregon Interview and Reading with Helena Maria Viramontes over her biography and first novel, Under the Feet of Jesus: https://youtu.be/9kNJJHw7Xwg
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
1. Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (Links to an external site.) Official Website: http://www.chitradivakaruni.com/home
2. Divakaruni discusses her most recent novel Forest of Enchantment in this interview at the Jaipur Literature Festival 2019: https://youtu.be/cGlSy3MM5XY
3. Patricia Gras interviews Divakaruni for Houston PBS including discussion of Arranged Marriage, the collection of short stories including “The Word Love”: https://youtu.be/H8iFvVv9p3U