Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Watch the following materials:
1. Required: Wild at Heart (David Lynch, 1990). Available at SCA Community. Running time 124m
2. Required: Nicolas Cage Interview on Wogan (1990), available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf3OgWVkzlI
3. (Highly) Recommended: Vampire’s Kiss (Robert Bierman, 1989). Available at SCA Community. Running time 103m
4. Recommended: Nicolas Cage interview with Bobbie Wygant (1987): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDwWTC44Xc
5. Recommended: Wild at Heart 30th Anniversary at the Roxy – Nicolas Cage Interview (2020): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db_JrXeGkvw
I would also like you to read the following two required readings (attached below):
1. Martha Nochimson, “I Just Met the Good Witch.” The Passion of David Lynch: Wild at Heart in Hollywood. University of Texas Press, 1997. Excerpt
2. Carole Zucker, “The Concept of ‘Excess’ in Film Acting: Notes Toward an Understanding of Non-naturalistic Performance.” Post Script 12.2 (1993): 54–62.
In terms of the order, I would watch Wild at Heart, then the Wogan interview, then read the two required readings (the Nochimson is on the long side, so give it some extra time). The Zucker reading is one of the very few scholarly engagements with Cage’s acting. If you have the the time and the interest, have a look at Vampire’s Kiss, the Wygant interview, and for Lynch fans in particular, Cage’s interview on the 30th Anniversary of Wild at Heart is fascinating.
If you would like to respond to either/both the Nochimson and/or the Zucker, please post your response paper.