Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
WEEK 4 DISCUSSION GS 104
Conventional Chemical Pesticides
Pesticides are those substances applied to destroy, repel, or control populations of undesirable organisms. Conventional chemical pesticides are pesticides are synthetic materials that are commonly used to kill or inactivate a particular undesirable organism. These chemicals have both advantages and disadvantages, which are outlined below. Which single advantage and which single disadvantage do you think are the most important? Why?
Advantages of Conventional Chemical Pesticides
- Saves lives
- Contains diseases geographically
- Improved crop/livestock yields
- Nutrition and health improved
- May be safe if utilized properly
Disadvantages of Conventional Chemical Pesticides
- Negative health effects to humans and wildlife
- Reduces biodiversity in ecosystems
- Pollutes the environment by unintentionally entering air, water, and soil resources
- Pests can develop resistance to pesticides, necessitating a new pesticide.
May be expensive for farmers